Tuesday 11 November 2014

English 10 Monday Nov 10

Today we started out with a discussion about nature versus nurture. I was surprised that most of you felt that an athlete ,who appears to have a sixth sense about their sport, was a combination of nature ( inherent skill) and hard training( nurture). I noted that for me, certain athletes seemed to be born with such skill, which is what drives them to train so hard. An interesting discussion. We discussed this in light  of Saul's character, who recognized that he had a special connection to the game of hockey.

After the discussion we reviewed the questions from Indian Horse chapters 10- 12. I was very much pleased with your insights into Saul's character and life.  I handed out a photo release form and asked that students return them  if their parents do not want them in my teaching video that will be filmed on Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment