Friday 7 November 2014

Thursday, Nov 6 Social 8-3

Today we reviewed the Franks and discussed the paragraph assignment for Friday. We all worked on a topic sentence and 2nd sentence. I encourage all students to write out what they plan to say so they are ready for Monday. If any students wish to talk to me about their topic sentences, I am available in room 123 at lunch.


We then learned about another great Emperor, Charles the Great or Charlemagne. We watched a film (link is here) and discussed some of the " big ideas." For example, that he brought education back to Gaul. 

I encouraged any students who did poorly on the Rome test to come for an in class tutorial at lunch and re-write the test. As no one did come I will reschedule for Wednesday, Nov 12. Parents can reach me at kwagner@sd46.bc.ca if they wish to know their child's mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment