Tuesday 7 November 2017

English 8-3 David's Haircut

Today, I handed back assignments.  I asked that you correct your work and hand it back into to me to show that you have learned from your mistakes. Most of you finished in class. Thank you!

Then, we wrote on the theme of David Elkes' short story, "David's Haircut."
I offered some prompts to those who felt they required some supports for their writing.  I asked students to use evidence from the story to support their topic sentence.  Most of you completed your paragraphs in class.   You will be given time next class to finish your writing.

When they are graded I will give an opportunity for students to correct their work for an improved grade.

"Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving.  Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on."     -Peter McWilliam

No comments:

Post a Comment