Friday 17 October 2014

Friday, October 17, 2014

Today I began the lesson by telling you what I would be marking you on in your reflections:

1.) I'm looking for "the what," the "so what," and the "now what."

- I warned that most of you needed to work on your "now what." A personal "I" statement on how learning about residential schools has affected you.

2) I am looking for flow in your writing.

3) I am looking that you have corrected (or do not have any) run-ons.

Good Luck!

We then reviewed Sherman Alexie's short story, Green World. We talked about conflicts, symbolism and then we discussed theme. The conversation was lively and engaged. It was great to hear your feedback. We then looked at Alexie's short story, Scars. You were then asked to look for the three elements on your own.

Reflections due at midnight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment